Department: Commercial Sales
Reports to: Commercial Sales Director
Based at: Apex House, Timothy’s Bridge Road, Stratford-upon-Avon
Hours: Monday to Friday 09:30 – 17:30
About the Role
Thomas Jacks is a privately owned business that has been successfully trading for over 29 years as a trade-only distributor of night vision, thermal imaging, day optics, security cameras, protective cases, gloves, lights and beacons and many other related parts and accessories.
As part of our continued expansion, Thomas Jacks are looking for dynamic, flexible and motivated Sales Executives to work alongside the Commercial Sales Director to develop existing customer relationships, to identify and target new customers, and generate new revenue streams. We supply various market sectors including Outdoor, Marine, Photographic, Industrial, Tactical and Security.
You will have a passion for selling, strong people skills, great negotiation skills with a strong commercial understanding and you will thrive on nurturing new relationships and growing existing ones.
In an industry selling technical products you’ll have to be a quick learner and be able to understand complex ideas and technical products and then effectively communicate them to our customers.
Experience and knowledge of one or more of our market sectors would be advantageous, or if you have an interest in the equipment that we distribute, we’re looking forward to hearing from you.
- Providing pre and post-sale support to customers
- Customer visits and product demonstrations/ training
- Gathering market information and proactively contacting customers and potential customers
- Assist with new product launches & merchandising initiatives
- Involvement in marketing, public relations and special promotions
- Attendance at trade exhibitions, game fairs and dealer events
- Sales experience, ideally in a B2B role (both face-to-face closing and telesales)
- Experience selling technical products is preferable, but not essential
- Experience within one/more of our market sectors beneficial, but not essential
- Strong IT and communication skills
- Commission Scheme
- Healthcare Scheme
- Further benefits discussed at interview stage
About Thomas Jacks
Thomas Jacks is a privately owned, family run business that has been successfully trading for almost thirty years. We are a trade-only distributor of thermal imaging devices, digital night vision devices, optical solutions, gear, clothing, and accessories for a wide variety of market sectors.
Based in Stratford-upon-Avon in the heart of the Midlands, we work closely with our manufacturers and dealers, ensuring we provide only the very best service at every level.
If you think you are a match for this role and want to become an important part of an enthusiastic and like-minded team, please apply now.