The Gerber Controller Fillet Knife has been engineered to meet the needs of saltwater fisherman. SALT Rx™ offers superior protection against corrosion, wear, and tough environments, and makes short work of messy business.
The Controller 6″ Fillet Knife is designed for clean, smooth cuts with a flexible blade that provides just the right amount of give. The intuitive GuideFins™ & tactile HydroTread Grip™ offer ultimate control of the knife, even in slippery conditions.
No matter if you are bank fishing, kayak fishing, fly fishing, or beyond, the Controller Fillet Knife System is the ideal companion for the journey.
Made from strong 9Cr steel — selected specifically for its toughness, corrosion resistance, and edge retention — the blade is also mirror polished for added protection and ease of cleaning. This knife is constructed with a full tang steel blade for sturdy and safe use in slippery situations.
Finding your grip on a wet fish can be tricky, the same shouldn’t be said for your fillet knife. Built right into the handle itself are the GuideFins™, which provide solid placement for your thumb and unrivalled control for smooth, safe cuts. The handle design aims for comfort and utility – HydroTread Grip™ is applied strategically in raised sections for traction and to quickly wick water away when cleaning up for the day.
A crucial part of the fillet knife system is the Controller’s innovative sheath. Designed with generous venting, the molded plastic sheath doesn’t get waterlogged and is easy to rinse out when the job is done.
A built-in sharpener allows for blade touch-ups on-the-go, and it’s easily mounted with multiple options for safe stowage on a backpack, belt, or pocket.
- Fine edge, flexible blade
- Mirror polish with SALT Rx™ optimised to withstand harsh saltwater environments w/ added corrosion resistance
- HydroTread Grip™
- Finger choil
- Full Tang, lanyard hole
- Sheath system w/ built in sharpener, pocket clip, belt loop, & vents
|Blade Length:||15.2cm / 6.00″|
|Handle Material:||Glass Reinforced Polypropylene & TPE|
Please note, it is illegal to:
- Sell a knife of any kind to anyone under 18 years old (16 to 18 year olds in Scotland can buy cutlery and kitchen knives).
- Carry a knife in public without good reason – unless it’s a knife with a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62 cm) or less, e.g. a Swiss Army knife (a “lock knife” does not come into the category of “folding pocket knife” because it is not immediately foldable at all times).
- Carry, buy or sell any type of banned knife.
- Use any knife in a threatening way (including a legal knife, such as a Swiss Army knife).