Product Support Technician
Department: Service Support
Reports to: Support Manager
Based at: Apex House, Timothy’s Bridge Road, Stratford-upon-Avon
Hours: Monday to Friday 09:30 – 17:30
About the Role
Do you want to work with a growing forward-thinking company supplying Commercial, Emergency Services and Military customers around the world with industry leading high-tech equipment and solutions.
Do you love practical problem solving, have strong analytical skills, and enjoy applying these skills to a wide range of tasks?
Thomas Jacks Ltd is looking for passionate Product Support Technicians, ideally with practical repairs experience, to help drive the business forward and provide first class customer service.
In this exciting and fast-paced new role, on a day-to-day basis you will get hands-on with some of the most exciting technological advancements from industry-leading brands including Pulsar, Immersive Optics, Spypoint, Guide Sensmart, and many more, as you assist in the testing, inspection, and repair of all our consumer products and provide technical support to retailers and end users over the phone.
As a member of the Service Support team, you need to think on your feet; display a high level of diligence, conscientiousness, methodology, and attention to detail; be driven by technical problem solving and analytics; and thrive in both a dynamic team environment but be able to work independently.
Full training will be provided in-house, with opportunities for further training at our manufacturers’ international factories.
- Assist with the assembly of thermal imaging, night vision, digital & optical devices
- Thorough testing of new devices and faulty products
- Assist with minor repairs
- Sale and supply of spare parts
- Reply to all technical queries in a timely and professional manner
- Prepare manufacturer returns and test manufacturer repaired products
- Maintain, record, and update the product service system (R.M.A.)
- Receive, document, record, and despatch product returns
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent)
- Level 1 C&G or BTEC electronics qualification preferable
- Good knowledge of electronics is desirable but not essential
- Able to assist and resolve technical queries by phone and email
- Interest/experience in the use and application of electronic systems and related technologies would be advantageous
- Competitive salary
- Private healthcare
- Performance bonus scheme
- Generous employee discount
Further benefits discussed at interview stage.
About Thomas Jacks
Thomas Jacks is a privately owned, family run business that has been successfully trading for almost thirty years. We are a trade-only distributor of thermal imaging devices, digital night vision devices, optical solutions, gear, clothing, and accessories for a wide variety of market sectors.
Based in Stratford-upon-Avon in the heart of the Midlands, we work closely with our manufacturers and dealers, ensuring we provide only the very best service at every level.
Our in-house support and servicing department is made up of dedicated individuals who are committed to assisting our customers and manufacturers with any repairs and technical problems that may arise. If you think you are a match for this role and want to become an important part of an enthusiastic and like-minded team, please apply now.